Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire laundry center / washer dryer

Customer Question
I have a Frigidaire...

I have a Frigidaire laundry center / washer dryer combination. After the final rinse cycle the tub was not emptying. I replaced the timer switch and that solved the problem. That was about a month ago. Now the same problem has recurred. Is there something that could be causing the timer switch to malfunction?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Give me a minute..I'll get the model number

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model number is ***** FEX831CS0

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Does the tub go thru a spin mode?

And have you tested the drain pump to see if it may have a loose electrical connection on it ?

I replaced the drain pump at the same time that I replaced the timer switch. The tub doesn't spin.

ok just because the pump is new does not mean it is getting voltage to run and drain the washer!

And have you tested the lid /lock switches to make sure they are making for the unit to go into a drain and spin mode?

is there a way to over-ride the lid switch, to see if that is the problem ?

Yes ,you will need to bypass both the lid switch and the lid lock !

I probably need to check a couple more things. If i sign out, is there a way to get back to you ?

Just reply back to me thru your EMail

ok thanks

no problem !

John, Home Appliance Technician