Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I want to put a built in oven under a top the oven seems to…

Customer Question
I want to put...

I want to put a built in oven under a cook top the oven seems to be to tall by half an inch

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

New kitchen model 661198 all cook tops seem to be 3-3/4 deep

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes we had custom cabinets made and I gave them my appliances and they left me with a cabinet that is 28 1/2 wide and 29 to the top of the cabinet I want to put soapstone which is 1 1/4 inches high

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I love the kitchen aid oven just trying to work it out

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician

Are you installing a gas or electric cooktop ? And what is the width of the cooktop 30 inch or 36 inch ?

Are you saying the new cooktop is 1 1/4 thick ( it raises up that much above the top of the cabinet ?)