Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My gas range model # mgt8775xs01 broiler takes a time to…

Customer Question
My gas range model...

My gas range model # mgt8775xs01 broiler takes a long time to light and wont stay lit for long

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a month

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I have replaced an ignitor in upper oven already

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Purchased 2011 lowes model#mgt8775xs01

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It does broil but flames constantly go off and then come back on

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately this issue sounds like your oven igniter is just beginning to get weak. The igniter needs to draw 3.2 amps or more to open the oven gas safety valve properly. If it doesn't draw enough power, the valve may open and close, or eventually it may not open at all. Most igniters last about 6-8 years. Either way, below is a link to the igniter you'd need to order and replace which is mounted to the back of your broil burner inside your oven. It costs about $65.

CLICK HERE for igniter

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?