Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Well my washer stops and says f-21 what does that code mean…

Customer Question
Well my washer stops...

Well my washer stops and says f-21 what does that code mean and it stops running what do i do

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I have a whirlpool duet sport set washer dryer i dont know where to find the model number its not on front of machine dont know how old got it from a ued appiance store

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No unless its a easy fix

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
1/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 month ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Often the issue on the Duet Sport is a bad drain pump or a clogged pump filter on the unit. The F21 means long drain. You need to remove the lower access panel on the washer. Remove the 4 screws along the bottom edge of the front panel and it will pull down and lift out. Once out you will see the pump and pump filter. Tip the unit against the wall about 45 degrees if possible and remove the pump filter housing, which is the large round disk that turns counterclockwise to remove it. Check in there for blockages. If there are no blockages in the pump filter you will need a new pump if the wiring is fine to the pump motor.. The have redesigned the pump and I have included links below for you to order the part and a video to help you install it.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician