Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

It doesn't want to spin. Samsung front loader. The rotor and…

Customer Question
It doesn't want to...

It doesn't want to spin

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Samsung front loader

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The rotor and magnetic cylinder are clean and when it try's to spin its loud

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/9/2018
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago
travis webb

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is? Is the door locking?

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

ok ​now is the door locking when you start a cycle? Also you said its loud when it trys to spin. What kind of loud noise is it making?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Every thing works like it should except that when you get to the spin cycle it wants to hesitate and grind
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

now is it just grinding or is it clicking as well?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Both it's like it's slipping but all the teeth are good
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

no​w what about the hall sensor on the rotor

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It all looks brand new
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

wel​l something is certainly missing here. What is the model number of your unit?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Wf419aaw/xaa01
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

just a moment while I pull up your information .

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

th​is could indicate a bad bearing but I am telling you it can get messy and extremely hard to replace these parts.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are the bearings behind the sim plate
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Shim plate
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

around the dryer drum shaft.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

yes in there

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

as clean as this unit is it doesn't make sense that your having this problem.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know it wants to spin then it slips
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The rotor and the coils look brand new
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

yeah something is missing or broken in there on that shaft. I honestly hate to do this to you but I have to step away and I do not want to keep you waiting so I am going to open this up to other experts to assist you. If someone doesn't get to you before I make it back I will follow up with you on here.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

you are welcome.

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb