Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

It doesn't want to spin. Samsung front loader. The rotor and…

Customer Question
It doesn't want to...

It doesn't want to spin

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Samsung front loader

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The rotor and magnetic cylinder are clean and when it try's to spin its loud

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 6 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is? Is the door locking?

ok ​now is the door locking when you start a cycle? Also you said its loud when it trys to spin. What kind of loud noise is it making?

Every thing works like it should except that when you get to the spin cycle it wants to hesitate and grind

now is it just grinding or is it clicking as well?

Both it's like it's slipping but all the teeth are good

no​w what about the hall sensor on the rotor

It all looks brand new

wel​l something is certainly missing here. What is the model number of your unit?

Wf419aaw/xaa01

just a moment while I pull up your information .

th​is could indicate a bad bearing but I am telling you it can get messy and extremely hard to replace these parts.

Are the bearings behind the sim plate
Shim plate

around the dryer drum shaft.

yes in there

as clean as this unit is it doesn't make sense that your having this problem.

I know it wants to spin then it slips
The rotor and the coils look brand new

yeah something is missing or broken in there on that shaft. I honestly hate to do this to you but I have to step away and I do not want to keep you waiting so I am going to open this up to other experts to assist you. If someone doesn't get to you before I make it back I will follow up with you on here.

Ok thanks

you are welcome.