Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Model GTDP490ED7WS, serial # TD724460C. I

Customer Question
replaced the timer with a...
I have a GE Model GTDP490ED7WS, serial # TD724460C. I replaced the timer with a Norm Pacific Model TMD16M10. This thing will not operate with a timer timing out properly. So, I purchased a timer of the same model type and it still does not time out. What could be wrong. I have the schematic and pictures of the tags off of the dryer, and timer. I can take a picture of the timer installed if that will help. i am certain it is wired up correctly.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Denia,s GE dryer Tag.jpgDenia,s...jpgDenias ge dryer tag.jpgDenias...jpgge dryer timer.jpgge drye...jpgge dryer timer 2.jpgge drye...jpgge dryer shematic.jpgge drye...jpg
Answered in 2 days by:
1/11/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The timer this model takes is WE4M527. Is this the timer you installed? It sounds like a timer issue. What exactly does it do?

If you look at my attachments the timer I bought is shown. Th dryer runs , but won't time out

Are you getting voltage at the two wires that go to the timer motor?

I will have to Chek tommorrow. Could you clarify that the timer in the attachment is correct or incorrect? Also without looking at the schematic, which wires are you referring to?

I cannot tell by the pictures if you have the correct timer. The markings are production numbers and not part numbers. The black wires that go into the timer motor are the ones you need to test for voltage.