Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Samsung dryer won't start. Powers up selector knob

Customer Question
My Samsung dryer won't...

My Samsung dryer won't start. Powers up selector knob doesn't move off of heavy-duty settingsetting

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

DV42H5400EW/A2 maybe 5 to 7 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I'm an electrican

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I guess my wife started in let it go for a few min. then opened the door to take a shirt out, started it and let it go for another few min. then it wouldn't start again

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
1/10/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Unplug the machine for 5 full minutes to reset the electronics. Does the behavior change when plugged back in?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was unplugged for 40 min. Still don’t work

If you select another cycle, does it beep at all or otherwise acknowledge the knob is being turned, even if it does not change cycles?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Doesn’t move or make any sound

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just installed the user interface control that w..didn’t work . The door switch turns the light on and off. There are 2 icons to the left of the display. When energized the top square light blinks 5 times. When I push any other button on the control panel or turn the knob the lock button under the square blinks continuously
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I was supposed here from someone else, within 24 hours. That was on the 18th. I haven’t heard any reply
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
You keep sending me emails to rate your performance, it’s hard to rate you when my dryer still doesn’t work
Kelly, Appliance Technician