Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 20 yrs. experience with 25,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I Overloaded my washer now it wont run. CABRIO, If Im able

Customer Question

I Overloaded my washer now it wont run.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: CABRIO
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If Im able if not No.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The motor doesn't shut off when turned off
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Is the unit still full of water?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it is still full of water

OK do you hear the pump running and is it pumping out the water?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I dont know what it is I am Deaf but Know its not working

You need to suck the water out of the unit with a shopvac then tip the unit up against the wall to get at the pump assembly in the rear right corner of the unit is the pump. You should take the pump out and check it for any blockages in the ports to it or out of it. Most times you will find something stuck in it, like a coin or other object causing a blockage to the pump. If there are no blockages make sure the wiring is good to the pump and you can also check the pump impeller to make sure it's not broken. it should spin freely with your finger if it's working correctly if not and it's hard to spend you would want to replace the pump. I've included a link below to the pump and a video of how to put it in for you.

CLICK HERE VIDEO

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am going 2 follow your advice but Please bare with me until tomorrow as it is Late & My Boyfriend wont be here until the afternoon tomorrow......
I thank you & if by chance I Need a Repairman I Hope its you.

Ok no problem,

We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Im deaf but know its broken need it fixed