Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My panel is displaying 88 on both sides. Just now. I was…

Customer Question
My panel is displaying...

My panel is displaying 88 on both sides

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just now

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was hoping it was some type of reset

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
I have tried unplugging
1/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What is the make and model of the unit?

First try to unplug the unit or shut the breaker off to the unit for 2 full minutes to reset all the controls on it. See if that changes the condition and let me know.

I had already tried unplugging

OK if that did nothing to the display issue then you need to replace the rear main board. That is a common issue to fail on the GE refrigerators. They have updated the control board to fix other issues as well. You need to pull the unit out and remove the small back rectangular panel on the back of the unit to get to the board. Replace that board and you will be good to go. Here is a link to the part and a video of how to install it for you.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.