Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

The lock switch turns on when the washer is sensing but it…

Customer Question
The lock switch turns...

The lock switch turns on when the washer is sensing but it is not locked I can open the lid.also there is a burnt smell.the washer did not complete the cycle and it just stopped working

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool type588-01 modelwtw5500xwd

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How much would it cost for somebody to trouble shoot the problem the washer is 6 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Appliance Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Trouble shoot and make recommendations

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 month ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

You need to get the last stored error out of the machine. Follow these directions carefully.

1. Make sure the unit is off no lights on anything.

2. Rotate the dial quickly counterclockwise a few full turns stopping at 12 oclock

3. Turn the Dial and GO SLOWLY and STEADY

3 clicks forward(Clockwise)

1 clicks back (Counterclockwise)

1 click forward.(Clockwise)

All lights should light up if done correctly.If not start it over and remember go SLOW and STEADY between clicks count 1 Mississippi between clicks.

Once they do all light then you want to rotate the dial forward(clockwise) until DONE only is lit. Once that is lit, press Start then rotate the dial 1 click forward and tell me what is flashing and the pattern. I need to know the exact lights that are on in order from LEFT to right.....you can post them like this......X00XXX then flashes 000XX for the pattern. THERE ARE TWO PATTERNS I NEED BOTH.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician