Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My roper oven and broiler won't light but top works fine…

Customer Question
My roper oven and...

My roper oven and broiler won't light but cook top works fine oven and broiler went out same time it's gas oven

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

06 whirlpool roper not sure wher to find make or or model no info on it bought home 2 yrs ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What do I need to test I'm a plumbing and heating contractor not appliance man

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you turn the oven onto broil and wait 5 minutes, then open the door and look at the ceiling, is there an igniter glowing toward the back of the ceiling?

Also, do you have a full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?