Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our washer is shaking terribly. It's called a "Maytag

Customer Question
Our washer is shaking...

Our washer is shaking terribly

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's called a "Maytag Performa".

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

That's pretty common as these units get older and other than making sure the washer is level, there isn't just a simple adjustment you can do. If the washer is rocking more than when new, then you can replace the suspension part called the snubber below the tub. This is the part that the tub assembly glides on to balance the tub better so the entire outer shell doesn't shake as bad. It's sort of like the shocks for a car. Either way, below is a link to the part as well as a video that shows you how to replace it if you wanted to do it yourself. The part is a Whirlpool part since Whirlpool bought out Maytag in 2006.

CLICK HERE for snubber ring

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?