Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Model #MDB7749SBB my maytag dishwasher washes great but it…

Customer Question
Model #MDB7749SBB my maytag...

Model #MDB7749SBB my maytag dishwasher washes great but it will begin again after finishing the load. I have canceled it when it turns on again. To keep it off I have to keep the door open. HELP!!!

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

How can I correct the problem?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Purchased 6/15/2014 Yes. Can you walk us thru resetting the

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Dishwasher settings?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 month ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is a common issue on that unit and you will need to replace the main control board to fix that issue. The control board is not time in correctly and then we'll just keep running another cycle after it's done with the first one. The board has been upgraded to eliminate that issue in a couple other problems they were having. Here's a link to the part and a video to put it in.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician