Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Clean light is on and will not reset after emtying the

Customer Question
Clean light green is...

Clean light green is on and will not reset after emtying the dishwasher. Can not start another cycle

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Kitchen Aid. Model KUD S301XBT8

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is it. The panel control board was replaced under warranty in 10/2015

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Is the clean light flashing 7 times, then pause, the repeating?

No solid light

Hmm, that is an odd light to have remain on and suspend all operation. You are certain it is not the CONTROL LOCK light that is on?

Green clean light after a cycle. Usually resets when we unload and shut door

Yes, it should go out after the door is opened. Do any of the buttons respond to tough at all or is the panel totally unresponsive?

All buttons are unresponsive.

Turn the breaker off for 5 full minutes to reset the electronics. Any change when power is turned back on?

Light went out but all buttons still unresponsive

Thank you. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare.

Your touch panel is likely experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.

Panel is still unresponsive after using hair dryer

Well, shoot! The panel will likely need to be replaced then. Can you please double check that model number? The last couple of characters appear to be incorrect.

Spoke to local appliance company. Board still under warranty
They will be out to replace next week

It is not the board you need but the touch panel. I would verify it is under warranty....

Kelly, Appliance Technician