Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a ge counter top microwave oven. it was working fine…

Customer Question
I have a ge...

I have a ge counter top microwave oven. it was working fine and then it stopped when i try to use it the timer works but it dose not microwave

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I think about 2 to 3 years old .ifound a part # 3850w1d113c

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I dont think so

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 month ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So unfortunately this means that one of your door switches has failed. There are 3 door switches and usually the bottom one is the one that fails, but you'd need to remove the outer shell of the microwave and test the switches to know for certain which switch is bad. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to test the actual door switches inside your microwave to know which one to replace. Now access on your microwave is completely different however. You will need to remove 1 screw coming in from the right and left side toward the bottom. Then remove the screws coming in from the back of the microwave along the top, right and left edges. Once all the screws are removed, the entire outer shell will pull straight back, up, and off so that you can test the switched through the right side of the microwave. Some of the screws will require T-20 safety torx bits to remove (the star shaped ones).

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc