Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How can I get rid of the high frequency sound our dishwasher…

Customer Question
How can I get...

How can I get rid of the high frequency sound our dishwasher emits the wash cyc

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Built in

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What causes the builti in dishwasher model mdb6000wa s/n(###) ###-####m to emit a loud high freq sound during the wash cycle.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

How old is the unit?

And do you only get this sound as the water circulation pump is running?

And did this noise just start happening?

Dishwasher is approx 16 yrs old

Sound is emitted when pump is running just started happening

ok you probably have something in the chopper blade inside the pump , it may be chewed up after a few uses.

How handy are you ?

electronic engineer, terrible typist

LOL!

ok to take the pump apart you will need to open the door and remove the lower rack and then you can take the top of the pump apart.

You will need to get down to the chopper blade item #17 in this parts break down , and if you find any olive seeds , pits broken glass you can remove that and then up it back together.

here is a part break down of the pump .

http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/2/0/00029497/680/900

the part #23 entire pump is no longer available from the manufacture.

If you have any questions just let me know.

Dishes are rinsed clean before insertion into the dishwasher
Thank you

it does not take so large of an item to get into the chopper and make noise.

Glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.