Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washer is humming no lights except door lock is blinking…

Customer Question
Washer is humming no...

Washer is humming no lights except door lock is blinking can't open door can you help have clothes inside washer

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool Duet stackable maybe 3-5 years old not sure

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's not working

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Well when that happens often the pump is not working correctly on the unit. If the unit cannot pump out water the door will never unlock and it will not allow it to start. You can remove the top of the unit by unscrewing the rear top panel screws, then slide the top panel off and get it out of the way. Once it is out of the way you can reach down and pull the flat tab on the bottom of the door latch assembly to release the door so you can open it. The other option is to remove the bottom panel and reach up and grab the release tab to open the door.Remove the items from the unit and see if there's water in the washer. If there is you will need to get to the pump assembly on the unit to check the pump filter and pump for any kind of blockages. If you have the bottom panel off you will see the pump filter cap in the center to unscrew and check for any blockages. Make sure you have some towels or a Shop-Vac at the ready as there will be water that will come out of the pump filter once you unscrew it. On that unit it is very common just for a blockage in the pump filter to cause this problem. Check that out and see what you find and get back to me if you need more help.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!