Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Jenn Air slide in downdraft range model #

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Jenn Air slide in downdraft range model # JDS9860AAP It was broiling only when I would bake at any temperature and previously randomly giving a F1 code. I changed the control board and all was good but a lot of heat coming from the door so I changed the door gasket. it is now making a humming noise from the control board and bake and broil elements wont completely heat. the bake element doesnt heat past 200 degrees and takes a half an hour to get there. I purchased a relay part number #WP74003482 and cant seem to find where its supposed to go or if that is event the correct part. I have not checked the thermostat. Please help this is costing a lot in parts. Thank you, Bianca

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is at least 12 years old and is a Jenn-Air Dual-Fuel Downdraft Slide in Range (prostyle) gas cooktop with grill and electric convection oven Model # JDS9860AP

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can...

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The oven door could be tighter...could have been the cause of the control board replacement but Im now wondering if the control board is faulty. All the internet posts point to a power problem and a Relay

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Is the element getting red when on?

Barely
I don’t want the additional charge so online is ok
Hello?

Can you check the voltage to the element, see if you have 240 volts to it

Unfortunately don’t have a voltage checker

You would need one to track down the issue.

It’s not just the bake element it is also the broil won’t work and a humming noise from the control board
It Does have some heat just won’t go past 200° and broil won’t completely broil

It sounds like you may have a wiring issue or bigger problem all together, but without checking power it is all just guessing

Ok..... can you tell me if this model has a relay I got part # WP74003482 If it does have a relay is this the correct part or is there a relay board
I will get a voltage tester
Are you still there

yes

Did you get my relay question

What is your serial number the first two digits

22
#22385627gn

The control you had ordered is not the right one for your series unit, that may be the whole issue. This is the correct one for your listed model and series....CLICK HERE

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Sorry I got another call no the part number I gave you was for the relay I have the correct control board I purchased it through Jennair. It was working fine then the issue happened with the bake element and the broil not heating up properly but they are still functioning and it’s making a humming humming noise
Hello
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician