Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have an Amana PTAC unit that fan will come on only if you…

Customer Question
Have an Amana PTAC...

Have an Amana PTAC unit that fan will come on only if you run it through diagnosis mode. High heat... Low heat....The wireles remote is "bound" to the unit. I have it on high speed fan and continuous.However, NO FAN BLOWING .... Does have heat coming out. The outside ambient temperature has been very cold almost down to zero. Has warmed up to 34 degrees today. What do you suggest. The fan does blow when it goes through the diagnosis....

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

$ or 5 years old...Model # PTH153E50XXXAC Serial # (###) ###-####

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

220 volts YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Hardly use the unit. Summer or winter.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Phil, Shop owner replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Shop owner

Hello, the electronics control module in the unit is most likely bad, and needs to be replaced, not much else will cause that symptom.

.

https://www.ptacunits.com/product-category/manufacturers/amana/

click that link to order the control module,

.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

That's it ! You are not going to give me any more information for $36.00.... This is a one time fee for $36.00... Not on my account each month?? There are a lot of ECM's on that site...How much for the part? Which one? I AM DISAPPOINTED IN THE RESPONSE...
Why does the fan work...but not with the heat? What is there to changing the board? Do you need a VTOM meter?
"BIG D"
NO.... I do not want a phone call.... Just seems like a continuous fee one after another....
Sorry, but I am not satisfied with the results....

There are no time limits or limitations on what I can give you... we can go from here in any depth you wish

Phone calls are optional.

If you have a multi meter and wish to take the PTAC apart I will lead you step by step through a complete diagnosis

Hello out there...No comment Not looking for a free ride.

Tell me a lot about your electronics background so that I can coach you on diagnosing the system....

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the unit after you remove the plastic front sectio and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

That diagnosis generally takes a few hours, and we have about a 10% chance of finding something besides the control module bad.

You know what.... Just forget it. I can chalk this one up for a bad experience. I am out $36.00 for one sentence!!! Not a good deal for me. Fool me once... That's it.
Have a healthy Happy New Year
I want make sure this is a one time $36.00 fee that was charged to my account. It states Cancel anytime....I would like you to please answer that question.
By the way where is my FREE TRIAL? Did I already have it?

Had you not seen my offer to work with you you, without any time limits to diagnose the problem? And on my end i do this at my own expense, without pay unless you are happy with my work.... thats a tough deal to beat.

Are you working from a cell phone and not scrolling up to see my replies?

You would not be responding as you have, if you had seen my replies... look those over, we can go from there without any time limits until you have your PTAC working....

I am working with a cell phone. I have company from out of state and I can't start working on this unit now. With information I gave you.... you could have told me the part number and approximate cost. I appreciate you trying to understand my situation.
You had the serial number and the model number from the onset. Is it a difficult change or just a few screws? That's all that I was asking for.. A little more information.
Please let me know about the charge at this point. I am concerned about that. I know you must be busy but I would like an answer to that.
Are you still there? Am I logged off on your end?

Generally you pay a $5 deposit, then are given a price, and you charged for that amount after I pick up your question, then I work with you, and if you are not happy with the result, even if we fixed it for you,, you can ask for and get a full refund, no questions asked.

Phil, You already have $36.00 from my PAYPAL account. That's why I am concerned. I just want this to be a one time withdrawal. It went through immediately. Purchased from JUSTANSWER The recipient of this payment is verified.***@******.*** I don't understand the you pay a $5.00 deposit and then given a price, and are charged for that amount.
Please explain. what amount?

I must come and go on this end, to handle many questions at a time. so there can be delays.

I am not in management so I cannot tell you about the billing, it should be a one time charge though unless you accept a phone call offer or decide to subscribe.

Right now, due to our extended conversation, I am backlogged on a bunch of other customers. So I must attend to them and refer you to the 'report' questions link on your page, then the 'customer service' item and they can discuss the charges with you.