Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Whirlpool dryer. This summer we had a professional…

Customer Question
We have a Whirlpool...

We have a Whirlpool dryer. This summer we had a professional clean the lint from the ducts. They had a problem cleaning the vent because a section had come loose. We hired someone to reconnect the loose vent: however, since then the dryer has not worked properly. Could the problem be something other than the vent?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's a duet sport, Model no. WED8300SW1, Purchased in JUly, 2008.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Could it be something other than the vent?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

What is it doing now since having the vent repaired?

The dryer was working properly until the loose vent (discovered during a lent cleaning) was reconnected by a handy man.

I understand, thank you. What is it doing now that it is not working correctly?