Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Panasonic microwave does not start after I close the door…

Customer Question
my Panasonic microwave does not...
my Panasonic microwave does not start after I close the door and set the cooking time, it might start if I slam the door hard, and press the stop/reset pad several times. the model no. is NN-T9455Fx, serial no. is 6A11240148.I purchased in May 9th 2011.thank you for your help.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Often the microwave problem is due to a bad door switch. There are three door switches on the interlock circuit and if any one of them goes bad the unit will not allow it to start. Most times when the switch goes bad it is typically the lower one that burns out or the upper one that burns out. When that happens the unit will not be allowed to start up and run. you would need to take that apart and check out all 3 switches on the interlock circuit. Here is a helpful video to help you do that note it is not a video for your exact unit just a reference video as to how to do the testing. If you find one of them is bad you need to order the part at the link below to replace it. The video is just for reference not your exact unit.

CLICK HERE VIDEO

CLICK HERE PART

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.