Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Both lights have burned out for my refrigerator, and the…

Customer Question
Both lights have burned...

Both lights have burned out for my refrigerator , and the sockets show signs of burn. Refrigerator works fine otherwise. Do I need to replace entire assembly unit where lights are located or just the two sockets

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Model # AFB2534FES

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

DEPENDS ON SCOPE

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

THATS IT

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Have you tested the bulb sockets to see if they are even getting voltage or not?

Not yet. I just saw black on out side of socket and thought it could be socket replacement

very hard to believe that both socket have failed at the same time.

Also have you tested the door switches?

Actually one socket blew on friday and the other today
door switches are fine

ok so then if the door switches are fine did you test then for voltage or just continuity?

not yet but will do. My more fundamental issue is , if necessary, do I need to replace sockets only or the assembly unit it sits on ?

Just the light socket themselves.

would you like a link to the parts?

thanks for your support

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .