Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The door locked is flashing on My Maytag front loader

Customer Question
The door locked is...

The door locked is flashing on My Maytag front loader washing machine

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 3 months old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Have unplugged it and nothing changed. None of the other buttons/ displays work.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So the first thing you want to do is unplug the washer for 60 seconds and see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work and you hear a motor humming, leave the washer plugged in for 20 minutes. The washer should eventually unlock and then allow you to use the control panel again.

Now if none of that works, you need to manually unlock the door. You can call warranty at this point if you wanted, their number is ***** If you wanted to try to reset it yourself, unplug the washer and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. now you can reach down behind the front panel to the bottom of the door latch. Pull down on the latch to manually unlock the door latch. If you still have issues--just call warranty.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?