Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I had to unplug my Whirlpool Cabrio due to a bousted pipe. I…

Customer Question
I had to unplug...

I had to unplug my Whirlpool Cabrio due to a bousted pipe. I now have that taken care of but I cant get my washer to function correctly. I have tried to reset it and that does not seem to be working. The power button will not come on but if I unplug the washer the lights come on..?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Wtw8500bw0 about two years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes..

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Ok I want to make sure of what your saying!!

You say if you unplug the washer then the lights on the washer then illuminate is this correct?

no.. If I go right now and try to turn on the power nothing happens but if I unplug the power cord the lights will come on.
I have tried the reset process I found on line and that does not seem to work

ok If you unplug the washer for the wall outlet I see no way the lights will come on since the unit when unplugged has no voltage going to it!

Are you 100% sure the plug your removing is for the washer?

Oh yeah.. its the only thing plugged in there
The dont stay on but they do come on for a short period.. I feel like there is something that needs to be reset but I cant figure out what it is

ok the only RESet is for the electronic control board and that is to unplug the washer and leave it unplugged for over 5 minutes this reboots the electronic control board .

Have you do that yet?

I have done that and I have also done a process I found on line that said to turn my setting to Normal then turn one click left three clicks right one click left one click right ant start

ok good info !

Iand the process you gave is to run diagnostics.

If the electronic control board will not reboot and it will not start , then you have a failed electronic control board .

The control will need to be replaced .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

I dont think it is the circuit board. I feel like it is a reset issue.

But you have already done both the unplugging to reboot the control board and again if the control board will not run diagnostics you have a control board issue!

what ever.. you were no help..
Master Tech
Master Tech