Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When I try to turn on my oven I get a code E1-F5 and my oven…

Customer Question
When I try to...

When I try to turn on my oven I get a code E1-F5 and my oven does not start.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool gas stove, Model GS395LEHS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if it means just using the control panel buttons

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Serial number. RL3117665. This stove was here when I bought the house about 10 years ago

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F5 E1 means that your oven thinks your door latch isn't in the correct position. Try to open the door and wiggle the latch hook in case it's stuck. Then close the door and start a self clean cycle. Wait 60 seconds and then cancel the self clean cycle. Push in on the door the entire time to make sure the door isn't rubbing on the latch when it's locking and unlocking. After you cancel the self clean, wait 2 minutes then open the door. Try the oven again and if it still acts up, reset the circuit breaker for 60 seconds or unplug the oven. If it still won't work, the latch will need to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?