Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a maytag dish washer W10438345b. At night we starn…

Customer Question
I have a maytag...

I have a maytag dish washer W10438345b. At night we starn the wash cycle and in the morning there is still a gallon or so left in the bottom. we have to hit the cancel/drain button. Is that a problem in the software?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Probably 5 years. Is that not the model # that I sent?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, just sometimes with electronics, it just isn't feasable

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so other than maytags customer care line is worthless

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Check the siphon gap next to your sink faucet, all dishwasher drain lines either go to a siphon gap next to the faucet or the trap/disposal port. The siphon gap is that small dome sitting next to your faucet. You need to remove the cap on it and then there will be a center piece that pops out or is round and unscrews to get in the middle of the siphon gap. Check that and see if you have a partial blockage in the siphon gap. If you do not have a siphon gap follow the drain line to where it connects to under the sink and check the end port for partial blockages both in the drain hose and at the trap or disposal port where it connects to. See link below for siphon gap checking. If you do not find anything let me know!

CLICK HERE

John, Home Appliance Technician