Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Have a mmv4205BAB microwave that wonn't heat. All else

Customer Question
Have a mmv4205BAB microwave...

Have a mmv4205BAB microwave that wonn't heat . All else works. Happened after electric storm.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag and i Gave you the model and it is a 2008

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

After a night of thunder storms I turned it on and it let out a popping noise. No smoke

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 month ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am sure my husband has one as he is an electrician and knows how to use it.

ok so I suspect that you have a bad power relay for the high voltage transformer .

He can test for voltage from the heat relay on the control board blue wire to chassis ground looking for 120 volt A/C

John, Home Appliance Technician