Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I Have a Samsung model #dv448aep/xaa electric dryer and in…

Customer Question
I Have a Samsung...

I Have a Samsung model #dv448aep/xaa electric dryer and in normal cycle the dryer wont turn off until an over heat error accures. vent is clear and clean. Cloths are so hot you cant touch them until they cool off

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5 years that's the model #

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No I also replaced the heater element a week earlier

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is either a defective board or out of range control thermister. You should first replace the thermister in the unit as that is what controls the temperature of the unit. If for some reason that does not work the main board is bad not reading the sensor correctly to shut the heat off. See links below.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!