Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

3 lights in my GE Monogram wall oven (ZET1P) have recently…

Customer Question
3 lights in my...

3 lights in my GE Monogram wall oven (ZET1P) have recently blown out (with a loud pop) leaving only glass pieces in the assembly.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

More than 5 years old. Model is ZET1P M1SS. Serial number HS6 028 16Q.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I have removed glass shards from assembly, n

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I was not able to remove remaining bulb pieces imbedded in bulb housing. How do I get at these bits without pulling out the entire light assembly? I am unable to ascertain whether the bulbs that blew were the correct wattage.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Would prefer written conversation.

I would shut the power off to the unit and use a needlenose pliers or forescips to get them out. You may have to take the light asssembly out to do it though depending on how stuck the pieces are. Also here is the correct bulb you need...CLICK HERE note if they continue to short out you will need a new bulb housing CLICK HERE

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!