Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My maytag Bravo XL washing machine has gotten really loud

Customer Question

My maytag Bravo XL washing machine has gotten really loud when it is in the spin cycle and spinning.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: maybe 3 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: everything else is working fine, and the spin speed is still very fast.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So unfortunately the only thing that makes a roaring noise during the spin cycle on this washer is a bad bearing seal and shaft. This is quite a project to replace these parts but there is a video that you can watch to see the process if you wanted to see what you're in for. Whirlpool makes the Cabrio washer as well as this Bravos washer with the Maytag brand name on it so don't be confused by the names in the video. The parts used are the same parts since Whirlpool bought out Maytag in 2006.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.