Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My church has a Kitchen Aid ice maker, Model Number. This…

Customer Question
My church has a...

My church has a Kitchen Aid ice maker, Model Number(###) ###-#### .

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

This Kitchen Aid ice maker is 10 to 12 years old. It stopped making ice in June of 2017. Took unit to a local appliance repair dealer. They replaced the pump and sensor using pump kit part number(###) ###-#### it took them six weeks to make repairs. We installed an inline filter as a precaution. Last month (December) the ice maker stopped making ice entirely. We cleaned the ice maker with cleaner we have always used and bought from an appliance dealer. Ice maker now only makes about a handful of ice and stops entirely. When routinely cleaned with required solution and cycle time we notice gray-black debris in bottom of

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Unit when the drain cap is removed and residual water is drained? What may be the cause. Dealer who repaired the unit said there may be trash in the line. Any suggestions? We probably won't try to try to deal with doing the repairs ourselves, but we could. We really don't have a manual per se only the electrical schematic and the cleaning directions inside the door panel. I live in Spartanburg, SC phone number(###) ###-####M. Freeman Thank you

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Copper line to the unit is brand new. Unit is used by a church.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And I`m sorry to say the number of(###) ###-#### is not a kitchen aid model number!

if you open the ice maker door the model /serial tag is on the interior wall just below the cutting grid .

It normally will start out as KUI (Kitchen-aid under counter icemaker)

Where are you finding these particles in the unit?

Thank you for your interest and time. We have pulled the unit out, purchased one part and replaced it. Now, we have better ice production and will watch things for the next few days. Again, thank you for getting back with me. Best regards.