Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE BSY 25GF refrigerator just quit working last night. I…

Customer Question
My GE BSY 25GF refrigerator...
My GE BSY 25GF refrigerator just quit working last night. I pulled it out, cleaned it good, unplugged it for a bit and then plugged it back in. Doesn’t even make a hint that it wants to come on. Help?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

GE BSY25GFMD CC
No I do not have a meter. I left it unplugged for a while longer and then plugged it back in. The fan is now working and the compressor is getting colder. Can’t tell if the inside is cooling or not.

ok if the unit is working correctly the compressor should not be getting cold!

The compressor should be removing heat from inside the unit and getting warmer.

If you open the freezer do you hear the freezer fan running ?

the fan is running. It seems like it is getting cooler inside

ok how about you let it set for a few hours and then check on it , and let me know what you find and we will go from there?

I will do that. Thank you

no problem!

Good afternoon Woody,
I just checked the freezer and it is not making ice. The fan is still running

ok the icemaker will not make ice until the internal thermostat in the ice maker reaches a temperature of 15 degrees.

Do you have anything in the freezer to absorb the cold ?

like a glass of water or a milk jugs that is 3/4 full of water possibly.