Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a over the stove microwave, model#AMV2307pfs, when I…

Customer Question
Have a over the...

Have a over the stove microwave, model#AMV2307pfs, when I put in cooking time a small clock appears to the left of time, when I press Start, it says door, I open door, try again, same result.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Amana #AWV2307pfs-0, 1Year

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If simple.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Seems to be a keyboard setting issue, do I need a code?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

From what your saying I would suspect one of the three door switches have failed and when the door is actually closed the failed door switch is not telling the control board that in fact the door is actually closed.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

THANKS! I PROBED one switch it with small Screwdriver, loosened it! WORKS Now! Great help!

ok do you think the switch was just loose or that it may need to be replaced?