Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The control lock is on my kitchen aid superba oven and it…

Customer Question
The control lock is...

The control lock is on my kitchen aid superba oven and it will not unlock

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 10 years , replaced the control panel once before a few years ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to if possibe

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Oven light works, just unlocking the oven is not letting me unlock the panel

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?

i have to go get it, be back in few

ok sounds good.

KGRT607HBS4

perfect, thank you. One minute.

To unlock the control panel on this model, open the door first. Next, press and hold the "3" button for 5 seconds and that should unlock the control panel. If the door is not open, it will not work.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

i have done all of those things and i still have no luck with it releasing the unlock panel

Then something is wrong with your control board. Try to unplug the oven and try again. If it still won't unlock, the control board (display board) will need to be replaced because it has failed for some reason.

i could have told you that, there is no other way to correct this or over ride it so i can access the oven portion. So what your saying is i need a entire new mother board for this oven
that will not happen again as i replaced it once before

I wish I could control what fails on your oven, but I have no more control than you do. If your board failed--it failed. You can not over ride the control lock. And no, you couldn't have told me you need a new board or this question would have never been asked. You may have suspected it was bad, but you needed me to tell you there are no other options. I understand your frustration but please don't take it out on me.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?