Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a GE Monogram Side by Side refrigeration

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Monogram Side by Side refrigeration thatvisbmaking a clicking sound like a toy machine gun several times an hour. It sounds like it is coming from a silver box at the bottom of the refrigerator that looks like it has a circuit breaker on each side that says 2 amp

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We purchased in 2008. ZISB480DXA

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what the problem is

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We just had a technician replace another part because the refrigerator stopped cooling. That problem was resolved but now we have this clicking noise

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
1/10/2018
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago
travis webb

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Good afternoon, Travis. Thank you for getting back to me - yes, we are still having an issue with our refrigerator.1. The refrigerator at issue is a GE Monogram Model: ZISB480DXA Serial No. RR031371
2. On December 3, we had a technician come out and replace a "mother board" located next to the compressor which is located in the top component section of the refrigerator. This fixed the problem of the compressor not working and the fridge and freezer sections not cooling.
3. On December 4, the refrigerator began periodically making the sound of a "toy machine gun" for about 2-3 seconds at a time. It makes this sound randomly every 5 minutes to 20 minutes. Since the sound only lasts about 2-3 seconds, it has been difficult to get a handle on exactly where it is coming from.
4. I have been able to pinpoint the general location to what I believe is either the bottom of the fridge or behind the bottom, "climate control drawer." See attached pictures. My best guess is that it is coming from behind the bottom, "climate control drawer."
5. If the sound lasted longer, I would have a better chance at being able to pinpoint the exact location of the noise.I would greatly appreciate any thoughts as to what the issue might be. Thank you - Glenn
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

ok ​so from your explanation and pictures I can tell you what the problem is. Your damper control assembly is causing the issue. The motor is making the noise when trying to open and close the door. For now since the air is flowing from fridge to freezer its working but only temporarily. The part will need to be replaced. Its simple plug and play. Its located right behind the area behind those drawers. Just unplug the old part and plug in the new one.

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/WR60X10063/0046/363.html?modelNumber=ZISB480DXA&categoryName=Side-by-Side Refrigerator&brandName=GE​

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

I wanted to follow up with you to see if you were needing anything else?

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb