Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Daewoo FRSU 20 Dai that is not working properly.

Customer Question
Good morning. I have...

Good morning. I have a Daewoo FRSU 20 Dai that is not working properly. Both the fridge and freezer are warm, but I can see/hear the fan is working.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Daewoo is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3,5 years?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if it's really simple

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There has been constant beeping sound as well (once every 3 seconds)

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Is the compressor at the back running?

Also if you remove the back cover and feel the compressor is this hot to touch?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't know what is the compressor. but I can see a fan running once I take away the ice maker.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the fan is not hot

The compressor is the motor at the back. Its the big black pot.

But this is located at the very back of the appliance.

You need to pull it out and remove the cover at the bottom to access this.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've switched the appliance off. I can't see anything at the bottom. But there seems to be something in the top chamber behind the ice maker. I am going to take the screw off and see if I can find the motor.

The ice maker is located inside the freezer. The compressor is round the back. You have to pull the appliance out and go round the back to access this.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I have to take off the back cover in order to see if the compressor is working?

Yeap, Its just held on with a few screws. Once this is off you can see the compressor from there.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is it the one with a motor? I can see the motor running but the cycle is very short. see it's on and off and again.

The motor is the big black pot.

Is this running and clicking off?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it would run for less than a minute. Then I'll hear a click sound and it is off. but it will shortly start another cycle.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Next to the motor is a black thing with a dome. I searched online using the label on it and it seems to be the compressor and it is a bit hot.

Ok thanks for that.

If its running and then going off with a click then the compressor is faulty here. This will be why its not cooling in the fridge or freezer. The motor inside the compressor has stalled and thats why its not working.

Now this isnt a diy fix as a fridge engineer will need to do the repair. As it involves in cutting the pipe work to fit the compress. Then once fitted it needs to be regassed back up.

Now this isnt a cheap fix as a compressor fitted is about the £300 mark.

Sorry its not god news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am still confused. I can see a motor running, but that is next to the black thing which seems to be the compressor according to my Internet search.

The motor you see running is the condenser fan. This doesnt do any cooling as the idea of this is to cool the compressor down.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok. thanks

Your welcome.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician