Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washer serial #C72050156 is locked. The message code

Customer Question
My washer serial #C72050156...

My washer serial #C72050156 is locked. The message code displayed is E01 F03. I cannot open the door. Is there a manual over ride? If I pull the plug the red light eventually goes out. If I plug it back in the red light comes back on and a loud humming noise starts. Depressing the ON button does not turn off the light. The unit was installed on 6/9/17.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a Whirlpool Model WFW90HEFC1. It was brand new delivered on 5/30/17.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was installed by Donley's Mechanical of Highspire, PA, phone # (###) ###-#### who I believe is a registered Whirlpool technician. The washer is part of a Whirlpool washer and dryer combination. The warranty cards were sent in shortly after delivery.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So to start, this error means that something is going on with the pressure switch on the washer because it thinks the tub is overfilled with water which is why the unit won't unlock the door. If the unit is less than 1 year old, call warranty and they will come out and repair the unit at no charge. Otherwise, the pressure switch is located under the top panel of the washer against the right side. Pull the washer forward, remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel, and the top panel will pull straight back, up, and then off. This pressure switch has a small rubber hose and several wires going to it. You'll want to disconnect the rubber hose and blow through it to make sure it's clear. Also make sure there are no small holes in the hose going to the bottom of the tub in case the tub rubbed a hole in the hose or something like that. If it all checks good, then replace the pressure switch.

To manually unlock the door, you need to remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel, then the top panel pulls straight back, up, and off. Then unplug the washer and reach down to the door latch behind the front panel of the washer. There is a 1" round plastic pull tab on the bottom of the door latch. Reach down and pull this tab down and it'll manually unlock the door so you can replace it.

The phone number for warranty is 1.***-***-**** if you need to contact them.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Until I get action and verification from a certified Whirlpool service technician I cannot give a rating. Following my actual phone conversation with a real human being yesterday, I was told that would not be possible until Thursday of this week.BTW, I am very pissed off that the so-called refundable $5 charge turned out to be in reality a $36 charge, of which only $5 was refundable. This was false advertising. I expected more honesty from a company such as Whirlpool. This unit is still under warranty. I should not have to pay a cent for any repair service. Any honest company would be refunding the full $36, or better yet, not even charging me in the first place. Yes, I am very pissed off and disappointed with the way my service inquiry has been handled. I will think twice before purchasing any additional Whirlpool products.I realize that you personally are not responsible for company policy, but that does not excuse this type of customer treatment.
Appliance Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 6 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hi:
I'm Gina and I’m a moderator for this topic. Please read the following message very carefully. :)
It looks like your question may have been meant for a different company, possibly Whirlpool Customer Service.
We, JustAnswer, match people with questions to Experts with answers in areas like Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Financial, Legal, Home Improvement and more.
I would be happy to try to assist you in finding the web address of the company you are looking for if you can confirm that for me.
Please let me know if you want to continue or cancel your question and I'm happy to further assist you.
Best,
Gina-Moderator