Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Reversing the hinges on fridge and hex screws for bottom…

Customer Question
Reversing the hinges on...

Reversing the hinges on fridge and hex screws for bottom hinge don't thread past a couple of turns. I'm not exactly sure what to do next.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

I just got it today, model #LFTR1832TFO

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well, yes the doors are sitting to the side of the fridge as we speak. I'm starting with the bottom hinge, ha ha ha.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, that's the issue is they are not threading in well even without the hinge past like maybe to turns, the second being forced.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

These were often not threaded holes and the screws have to be driven in like self tappers. This was common on those units. Just put some oil on the bolt threads and crank them through the sheet metal that is how you have to do them or if you have a tap run a tap through the holes.

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I used a drill & widened the openings for screws.

Sounds good.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!