Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Amana refrigerator has been working just fine for quite a…

Customer Question
My Amana refrigerator has...

My Amana refrigerator has been working just fine for quite a few years but when we went out of town - the vegetables in the two drawers on the bottom froze!! I thought maybe it was because we had not been home the door was not opened at all - but it is still happening.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

MOC - ABB1924 WEWO

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

SER KO3437264

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I would want someone to come out to do the repair.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 6 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

the situation has not changed. I am a little frustrated with this service. I gave the serial numbers, etc. and the problem.....shall I have some one come out or is there something I can do?

I ​apologize for the amount of time you have waited I am primarily on in the evening time. I am more then happy to assist you though. Now you said the bottom drawers are froze? Is the rest of the unit froze? Does the temp seem to be off in the unit? This can indicate a few things depending on the answers to these questions. The first thing I would want you to check is the compressor in the back to see if its running hot or warm?

I do not know where the compressor is but the back of the unit is cool to the touch - all over. The only area that freezes is the bottom of the two vegetable drawers. I think that I will call Amana and make a service appointment. Thank you.

the compressor is a black pot looking thing. If its not running and the fans are not running then it may be a control board problem.

I do not see any black part looking sort of thing on the back or the front or the side of the refrigerator. There is a vent with a fan running. Cool air was coming out of the vent. The remainder of the back of the Ranger fridge raider is flat sheet metal.

its a black pot in the back its typically on the left side it may be behind a card board cover

Thank you Travis, but I am terminating this conversation. Thanks, Micki

ok I will have this cancelled for you. Have a great rest of your day.