Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpood gold microwave doesn't heat. the timer counts…

Customer Question
My whirlpood gold microwave...

My whirlpood gold microwave doesn't heat. the timer counts down and the light inside is on but the turnstile doesn't turn and there is no sound.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool gold model number GH7155XHS-1

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Whirlpool microwave . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Generally when you are experiencing an issue like this it just means that one of the door switches is bad. These microwaves have 3 to 4 door switches that must all be in their proper positions to cook and heat up and when one goes out you will experience things like the turntable going when the door is open, “Open and close door” errors, and heating issues, and counting down without running. Luckily they are fairly inexpensive to replace as most of the switches are less than $20. The bad switch is usually the one that doesn’t “click” when you press the button on it. Sometimes the leads to the switch appear overheated. The part number is W10727360.

You can get it on Amazon here: http://a.co/hYtkubo

If it isn't something that you are comfortable doing yourself you can call a local service company or if you don't know one you can always call Whirlpool directly at(###) ###-####

Always unplug the microwave for 3 hours before taking it apart to discharge the High Voltage capacitor. Be careful when working on microwaves.

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.

Thanks. So these are pretty easy to change? I had the top vent cover off earlier today and I could see down in on the right hand side. Maybe it's easy access to these switches?

You're welcome! They are not that difficult. Once you have the vent cover off, there should be s screw at the top of the control panel that you can take off. Then slide the control panel upward to release it. The switches are right behind where the hooks go into the microwave from the door.

- Pleae rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.

Thanks a lot.

You're welcome!