Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Jenn-Aire gas oven, model JGS9900. It was operating…

I have a Jenn-Aire...

I have a Jenn-Aire gas oven, model JGS9900. It was operating well on Friday, but last night when I tried to use it, it would not reach my requested 450 degrees.n

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a JGS9900 and it was in my new home when I moved in, in July 2014, when it was brand-new. I tried it again today at 425 degrees, and after 25 minutes, the temperature reached 150 degrees.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What is the work?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Should I call a tech?

1/7/2018
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Jenn Air range . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

I'm sure you'd like to have your range up and running soon!

The problem you are experiencing is most likely caused by a failed bake ignitor. This part fails quite often.

The he bake igniter is mounted to the bake burner below the floor inside the oven so you'd need to pull the floor out of the oven to access the igniter for replacement. Here is the part number: 7432P143-60

Here is a link to it on Amazon.com: http://a.co/balQSrt

If you don't want to replace it, a technician usually charges around $100 plus the part.

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.

Engineer-Tech