Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Can you explain what Bosch dryer code E:11 and C:05 mean?

Customer Question
Can you explain what...

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

WTMC6500UC/01

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

...if it is simple enough and I have the tools, I will certainly consider doing it myself since it is taking way too long to get the recommended technicians to respond

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

E:01 error code comes up on every possible drying cycle, even the straight forward timed cycles, yet air flows freely from the exhaust vent on the exterior of the building. Cleaning the moisture sensor with alcohol doesn't change the outcome. At nearly 12 years old, I imagine there could be a part that wants to retire...

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
1/10/2018
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago
travis webb

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Wow, from $5 deposit to$31and now a lure for an additional $24 and I have no idea what I am getting. I feel like I am being buckle and dimed here.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nickle and dimed
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

I​ am so sorry if the site offered the automatic phone call that is not from me please disregard it. It will pop up again but its not from me. Give me a few minutes to pull up some information for you.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

so the E 11 error is

Overheating due to clogged exhaust air path

Clean lint from the lint screen. Clear any clogs from the flexible exhaust hose behind the dryer and straighten out any kinks. Replace the flexible exhaust hose if damaged. Clear the vent duct system to the outside of your home. Check that the exhaust vent damper outside your home opens properly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
air Is coming out of the exhaust vent in the outside of th building just fine. I am interested in the C:05 diagnostic code that came up
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

now you can try using a Flexible exhaust vent hose​ to solve this issue as long as there is no clogs or anything in the line leading to the outside you may want to take the back off the dryer to inspect and make sure there is no lint built up in there.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

C​:05 is not an error that looks like more of something from diagnostics testing more than an error code.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yeah that is why I referred to it as a diagnostic code :-)
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

just one moment pulling up your tech sheet

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

so​ sadly I do not have the tech sheet to the dryer I have the washer one so I will open this up to other experts if you would like. What was happening with the dryer to begin with?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
While drying, an alarm goes off and E:01 is displayed on the screen. After a while, and several loud beeps, it shuts off. I found the description of how to get the diagnostic codes, but haven't had any luck finding out what they mean. My sense is that the moisture sensor and/or something similar, need to be replaced. Hopefully it isn't a glitch with the control panel?
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

well it sounds like you may just have lint built up in the blower wheel located in the back but you would need to take the back off in order to inspect that.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

I ​don't believe its a control board problem so you should be safe there. Moisture sensors don't tend to go bad they can get dirty but they pretty much live up to the stand of time. Plus I mean its only a couple bucks to switch out as well and of course can always increase the longevity of your unit and dryer times as well.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
An instruction for a different error code suggested unplugging the dryer and waiting 3 minutes for the computer to reset. It worked! For two loads. Now it is back to its squawking.Lint in the blower wheel sounds plausible, but it would be nice to know what causes a Bosch NEXXT dryer to display C:05
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

right I totally understand. I am glad to hear the reset worked sometimes all these units need is a good control board reset. I mean I am more then happy to open this up to others if that is what you wish. It just means I am not credited for my time but I want to make sure you are happy with the service you get so that is what matters most.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think I am stuck having to call a Bosch technician who has access to the diagnostic codes, unless you have a way of switching me over to someone with that information?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for trying. Bosch seems very tight-lipped about their technical details.
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

I will open this up to others that is not a problem. I am certain someone here has that info.

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb