Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Microwave, model #JVM61755SF1SS, and the display…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Microwave, model #JVM61755SF1SS, and the display says to hit the "Start" button. Appliance is dead, Start button does not turn on the microwave. I've unplugged it for at least 5 minutes and when the display comes back on it asks me to hit the "Clock" button. That then says to hit the Start button and it does not start.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Exact model listed in text. It was manufactured in June, 2014

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Does the light go on and off when you open and close the door?

Is my question being assessed?

Yes I have responded a couple times, Does the light go on and off when you open and close the door?

the light comes on when I open the door

o do all the other buttons seem to work or beep when pressed

Some buttons respond, but the Cancel/Off and the Start/Pause buttons do not beep or work
Any suggestions?

OK that is a failed touchpad on the unit, it comes complete....CLICK HERE You can try to reseat the keypad connection like this video shows...CLICK HERE If that does not solve it replace tht touchpad.

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.