Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refrigerator stopped putting water in the ice maker

Customer Question
My refrigerator stopped putting...

My refrigerator stopped putting water in the ice maker Kenmore***********

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 years old ***********

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

New water filter today

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

I did that now what?

ok do you happen to have a multimeter?

No

we​ll your particular unit has two water valves and I am assuming one of them have to be at fault and causing this issue to happen. Without a multimeter through its hard to tell which one is the problem. I would dare say its more then likely the double one which I will post the link to here.

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/W10341329/0046/106.html?modelNumber=59672382411&categoryName=Bottom-Mount Refrigerator&brandName=KENMORE

this is the other one they are both located in the back of the unit and you will know the difference because one has two valves the other does not.

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/W10394076/0046/106.html?modelNumber=59672382411&categoryName=Bottom-Mount Refrigerator&brandName=KENMORE​

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.