Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Profile microwave, model PVM9005SJSS and the…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Profile microwave, model PVM9005SJSS and the light is flashing to reset the filter. How do I do this?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is less than 2 years old and is a PVM9005SJSSm 2.1 cu. ft. over the range microwave in stainless steel with sensor cooking.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your GE microwave. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Your filter light will come on every 6 months. To reset it hold the "reset filter" button for 3 seconds. To replace the filter, unplug the microwave or turn off the circuit breaker. Open the door and push the cover of the filter above the door where is says "push". Press back on the top of the filter with both hands until it becomes horizontal. Lift the filter at the bottom until it comes free from the tabs. Slide the filter down and out. Install the new filter by inserting the top of the filter up and into the grooves on both sides of the top opening. Once you have cleared the bottom tab, push the bottom of the filter in until it rests in place vertically behind the tab. Close the filter cover. The part number you need is wb02x11550 .

You can get it on Amazon.com here for about $6 : http://a.co/3bk4z2N

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.