Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Cancelled self cleaning on Electrolux ew30is6cjs. Oven door…

Customer Question
Cancelled self cleaning on...

Cancelled self cleaning on Electrolux ew30is6cjs . Oven door is locked, oven light is on with an F15 error. Tried pulling plug and then shut off breaker. Tried holding light icon and cancel switch. Same problem. When we turned off breaker I was able to set time. Stove to works fine

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2012

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is simple otherwise I will call an appliance guy

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
oven is cool. Is there a manual unlock for oven door? Is there a combination of buttons to hold to reset?
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

still need help, i have the stove off right now, pulled the breaker. its been off for 30 mins or so now.
No i have already paid $38, don't want to pay more without receiving something

ok give me just a moment. Now you said its cooled down just wont unlock?

s​orry if the site is offering the automatic phone call its not from me please just disregard it. I am more then happy to assist you on here.

ok
I will turn the breaker on

ok

if it still will not unlock I need you to get a metal hanger we are going to need to create a hook type device out of it.

I tried to cancel the self cleaning last night, so it has been off since then but the oven door is locked and I can't unlock it.The error code is F15. I think is is because the oven is locked
power is on and F15 error appears, I just press cancel and its gone but door is locked, light is on. I can use the stove top no problem but nothing related to the oven works
ok but I can't see the lock at all

so the F15 can be a thermal overload switch ​that has gone bad but will need to get this opened first to find out. So I need you to grab a wire hanger and create a hook out of it to be able to get the door open can you do that for me?

ok we have a hanger just unscrewing it
ok we have a hook,

ok so your going to slide it in between the door break and the stove top on the right hand side and slide it over carefully going left to get the door lock to release.

i don't know what to tell you but there is an opening between the cook top and oven. it is covered at the back with 2 long slates. We ran the hook into both slates but it is covered with a metal . We cannot feel or see the door release

hmmm that is odd give me one more minute please.

btw the opening is about 3/4 of an inch wide, so we can see clearly

so it wont go in and catch the lock right at the top of the door?

do you have an unlock button on the panel? If not what about cancel? Can you try holding either of those that apply for 5 seconds.

no, we would have tried that if it was possible

ok ​then sadly I am out of ideas for this model I will open this up to other experts. The hanger trick should have worked.

I have a control lock and a cancel , I have tried that combination many times. I have also tried the light and cancel button.
no way the hanger is going to work. Have a look at the model
24 hours? Please refund me and I will get an appliance tech to come to my house