Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

You helped advise me to replace the control panel on our…

Customer Question
Hey Kelly...you helped advise me...
Hey Kelly...you helped advise me to replace the control panel on our Maytag refrigerator, which helped me resolve the issue. I’ve now got another question about the same refrigerator...can you assist?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
FYI...we replace the control panel about 3 weeks ago, and now our ice maker doesn’t work and food is freeezing in the lower vegetable/fruit drawers.
I’m not sure if the ice maker issue is connected, but the freezing food thing started after I replaced the control panel
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

It is likely that the seal that is on the left refrigerator door that seals the ice dispenser bucket is leaking air. If you open the right door with the left closed, does it appear to be sealing well?

That seal was loose and fell off and was lost a while back. I’ll get a new one, and agree that might be the veggies freezing cause, but would that affect the ice maker working?

Yes, because the ice maker production is dependent on temperature. If higher than about 12* F, it will not cycle.

Awesome ok that seal won’t stay on, it either came unglued or is warped out of shape. Do I need to get a new one, or can I reattach the old one?

If you can get it to stay on and seal well it can be put back into place. Otherwise, there is a kit available to replace it.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

That kit is available at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Cool I’ll check it out thx! You rock!

You bet, thanks! :)