Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a maytag Bravos dryer that has a F25 diagnostic

Customer Question
I have a maytag...

I have a maytag Bravos dryer that has a F25 diagnostic codes. What does that mean?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

7 -8 yrs old maytag bravos mct,

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Serial # MO2804321 if possible yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model MEDB850WRO

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
model MEDB850WRO.
Serial # MO2804321
hello?
1/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That means the inlet thermister is reading shorted. You would need to get to it and replace that thermister on the blower housing. Here is a link to the part and video for you.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given so all I ask is Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

thank you

No problem

I replaced the thermistor and I still get the F25 error code with the same issues.
Just ran diagnostics and got an F50 code. Help?
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be!

I replaced the thermistor and I still get the F25 error code with the same issues

The F25 is very specific to the inlet thermistor circuit. It means that there is a short in the circuit, not necessarily that the thermistor is faulty. I would check all the wiring between the thermistor and the control. If all looks good with nothing pinched or melted, the issue is likely to be with the control since the thermistor is new. If you have a meter to test with, you can test before buying any parts. The F50 error indicates an issue with the water valve circuit. Since both of these issues popped up together, I would look closely at the wiring harness and replace the control if you have no meter to test with.

great I will try those ideas Thanks

You bet, please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!