Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag MVWX655DW1 washing machine......It want

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag MVWX655DW1 washing machine......It want switch from the sensing cycle to wash cycle. However if you turn it to spin and rinse, it will add water agitate will work fine then spin and rinse. Please help

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bravo 2 years or less

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Ok

You need to get the last stored error out of the machine. Follow these directions carefully.

1. Make sure the unit is off no lights on anything.

2. Rotate the dial quickly counterclockwise a few full turns stopping at 12 oclock

3. Turn the Dial and GO SLOWLY and STEADY

3 clicks forward(Clockwise)

1 clicks back (Counterclockwise)

1 click forward.(Clockwise)

All lights should light up if done correctly.If not start it over and remember go SLOW and STEADY between clicks count 1 Mississippi between clicks.

Once they do all light then you want to rotate the dial forward(clockwise) until DONE only is lit. Once that is lit, press Start then rotate the dial 1 click forward and tell me what is flashing and the pattern. I need to know the exact lights that are on in order from LEFT to right.....you can post them like this......X00XXX then flashes 000XX for the pattern. THERE ARE TWO PATTERNS I NEED BOTH.

Rinse done sensing rinse spin done
Rinse done
Sensing rinse done
Rinse done
Second
Sensing rinse spin done

OK great that is a very common issue and the cause of your problem you need a new mode shifter. Here is a link to a video of how to install it and part link.

CLICK HERE VIDEO

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

are you going to answer me back
Not it I replaced it already

OK let me see if another tech can help, when you have not listed or indicated that you have replaced parts or what you have done I am just doing double the work troubleshooting. Stand by for another tech.

Ok can you help
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

If it will eventually spin and finish the cycle after resetting the selector, the issue is likely with the controller. Is this what you are finding?

no help has been given

Thank you.

The only way it will eventually spin is if you switch it to spin. It want switch from sensing. Ever

So from that we know that the mode shifter is working and all of the mechanical parts. That only leaves the control. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy repair!

Well that didn't fix it either. So what's next