Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The lid on our GE washer GTW680 won't open. We purchased it…

Customer Question
The lid on our...

The lid on our GE washer GTW680 won't open

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We purchased it Sept. 4, 2017. GTW680BSJWS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if it's a simple fix

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything else

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Have you tried to press and hold the start button down for 5-6 secs?